Saturday 2 May 2009

Meet our new cockerel, still looking for a name for him

This is the culprit that scratched Fly, the Ganders eye, which resulted in three trips to the vet, eye ointment twice daily and three jabs of antibiotics. I originally called him Charlie but I think I might have to find something a bit stronger. He is giving the hens a much higher place in the pecking order. Before they were always pushed out by the geese but Charlie is not having that now. After about a month of putting up with it, he chased Fly half around the field, both of them nearly flying. I may have to put out the food in two seperate places to stop any disagreements over food. Remind you of any discussions about dogs and food sharing?
Didn't realise I needed to use a Weanafeeder with my feathered friends. 

 At the end of the day he is probably just doing his job, looking after the girls.

No comments: